Registration will begin on Sunday March 28, 4 p.m. at the congress Venue.
The Congress will be inaugurated on Monday morning, March 29st.
It will end Saturday night, April 3rd.
Sunday, April 4th, will be off for excursions and visits to museums or exhibitions.
The Congress will approach the following main themes in the Archaeology of the Ancient Near East:
1) Reconstruction of Environment: Natural Resources and Anthropogenic
Interference Through Time
2) Art History: Visual Communication
3) Social and Cultural Transformation: The Archaeology of Transition periods and Dark Ages
4) Reports on Archaeological Fieldwork
· Workshops Themes had been suggested by the participants. The deadline was May 25, 2003 (see headline workshops).